• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting Back Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kickinit

I live in Arizona and currently receive $600 monthly child support along with $300 for back child support.

Since my youngest son has now turned 18 AZ says they will only collect the back child support, therefore instead of receiving the $900 a month they will only send me $300.00.

I raised three children without any support until about three years ago. The father is 55 years old and owes me over $66,000 so I feel they should continue taking the $900 per month and they can apply all of it to back child support.

AZ State says I must file a judgement form with the court requesting the current garnishment amount remain in force. I cannot find such a form or even just an example. Can anyone tell me how it should be worded or give me a copy of what one looks like.

Thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">