• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ziphash

I live in OH. My ex lives w/my 2 yr. old son in AL. I am required to have medical ins. on my son. Because he lives so far away, the ins. I have covers only E.R. visists. My ex is to pay the first $100 of med. exp. every year. I have to pay everything after that. When I got the ins., I explained the rules to my ex wife. I even sent her a letter w/the rules. She must have a referral to take my son to the E.R. I've told her that she can even call me, & I will get the referral. Either way it has to be done. She refuses to get the referrals. She's taken my son to the E.R. 3 times in the past yr. and not told me until after the fact. Luckily, the first 2 times were on a weekend. She did tell me w/in a day & I called the doctor's office. This time, she didn't tell me until nearly 2 wks. later. I had no idea my son was in the E.R. Now the ins. company refuses to pay for the visit just because she never called. Our guidelines state that I had to give her all the rules of the ins. & she must notify me of any illness requiring medical attention.

What can I do because she is running up bills for me to have to pay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">