• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Background Check Found

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hhson

What is the name of your state? CA

I am a new hired in this company, but today I was sent home because my employer found out that I have a record on my background check. However, I recently expunged my record. Will I get fired from my job, please help?

CdwJava

hhson said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I am a new hired in this company, but today I was sent home because my employer found out that I have a record on my background check. However, I recently expunged my record. Will I get fired from my job, please help?
How can anyone answer that question? Only your boss can say for sure.

There could be any number of grounds on which they CAN fire you. The question of WILL they fire you is one that nobody can answer.

Carl

Beth3

I am a new hired in this company, but today I was sent home because my employer found out that I have a record on my background check. By any chance when you filled out the application form, did you reply "no" to the question "have you ever been convicted of a crime?" If you lied, that is valid grounds to fire you, whether your criminal record was to have been expunged or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">