• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cocaine possession with intent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dirty6613

I was arrested in New Jersey, and charged with possession with intent of over an ounce of cocaine. I was charged with 3 counts of possession, 2 counts of distribution, 2 counts of possession with intent, 1 count possession over one ounce, 1 count failure to surrender, 1 count paraphernalia, 1 count maintaining a manufacturing facility. I have a lawyer, but don't totally trust that he knows what he is doing. They have offered me a 364 if I plea. I looked into PTI, because one of my friends told me about it. It states you can't be accepted into PTI for distribution unless you have a drug dependancy. Is that true? If it is how do you go about proving something like that? The officers lied and said that I told them I don't use drugs. Also, I was charged with over an ounce, but when they got me I had a little more then a half ounce, approximately an ounce of cutting agent (packaged and labeled seperately), and the amount they got thru investigation was approximately 3 grams. Does that suggest they tampered with evidence? Most of the discovery is solid, but I don't know. What do you recommend?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">