• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can some1 please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freedom111

What is the name of your state? I am in california. My boyfreind got arested the other night for breaking a car window. They say it is 5,000 dollars worth of damage, and he is on a 40,000 dollar bail right now. It is a felony, but my boyfreind is off parole an has no warrants ... so I was wonderin how much time will he do for this??? ( i haven't heard from him in almost a week), does any1 have a clue??? And will he just be in jail or prison? :confused:

CdwJava

$5,000!!! That's a LOT more than a car window! That's a whole lot of the car!

Depending on priors and circumstances, he COULD go to prison as it IS a felony. Nobody here could possibly guess as to whether that will happen or not.

Dump him. He's a loser.

Carl

freedom111

yah, i am wondering why it is 5,ooo!!!! i thought a car window would be 200 dollars. I just hope his past record won't interfere, he did 9 years in prison in the past, but he has no warrants or anything like that right now. I was just curious as to whether he will be out within a month or will he get like a year??

calatty

They don't set $40,000 bail for breaking a car window. He must have been arrested for auto burglary. The sentencing range for auto burglary is 16 months, 2 years or 3 years.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

freedom111 said:
yah, i am wondering why it is 5,ooo!!!! i thought a car window would be 200 dollars. I just hope his past record won't interfere, he did 9 years in prison in the past, but he has no warrants or anything like that right now. I was just curious as to whether he will be out within a month or will he get like a year??

My response:

You're "wondering"?

Then you're just as much of a stupid idiot as he is, Dufus. He's lying to you, and you're believing him. That makes you a loser and a skank. With a track record like his, either he's a great lay, or you're so ugly that you can't find a "normal" person.

Besides, who wants a skank anyway, right?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">