• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody back to mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lostmom

I live in AR, been married for 20 yrs. We went to court first time June 13th, I was granted temporary custody of our 2 children, girl 13 1/2-boy 11 yrs. old along with child support and alimony. I filed order of protection on children's father because of violent behavior to me and mental and verbal abuse to myself and children. It has been long ugly proceedings since June now, and I was notified in mail Friday, August 25, that our divorce had been granted and judge gave custody to father and it was to begin Sunday, 27, 5:00...Father has had DWI, possession of marijuana, DIP ticket and not been a good father to children except for providing us with money..I had an affair, which I admitted to father was why he went and filed for divorce from me..We have been having many problems for yrs. off and on and I wanted out of the marriage, but was scared of filing and ending marriage knowing he was going to make life more miserable..He has definitely done good job of it too...How can it be right to be notified by mail about changing custody???Judge also wrote he would divide our other property and let us know,,again by letter in mail, i guess...My lawyer didn't represent me like I felt he should when he found out man I was seeing was a sister to woman he has been seeing..His representation for me quit seemed like from that point on...Please help me,,tell me what all I need to do to get children back...I took him to court over violating the order of protection, judge found him guilty, give him 10 suspended days in jail, told him another violation, he would get 30 days jail-lose his job to..He has violated many times, but I didn't press charges on them, because he would lose his job...How can judge give children to a man like he is??? Don't understand...I been great mom--work part-time--am not bad person, and children knew nothing of my affair, or ever saw the man till their daddy told them all about him plus lots of lies making me sound like very bad mother....HELP ME___PLEASE

U

Ukiah

First off, you should have never cheated regardless of the circumstances! Second, if your Ex has a record, you might be able to bring it up in court. I believe that you have a certain amount of time to Appeal the decision of Custody. Get a respectable attorney or lawyer to represent your case in court. Are your children happy with him? If they are why take that away from them, if not see if the Judge will talk to them.

Good Luck,
Ukiah

------------------
All that you have read in no way is Legal Advice, it is a matter of opinion to help you in your quest

U

Ukiah

P.S. you should look into getting a full time job, as the courta may look better upon you to see that you are fully employed.

Ukiah

A

Always searching

x

[This message has been edited by Always searching (edited October 14, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">