• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tina Tyrrell

My ex husband has supervised visitation by court order. On the past 3 visits the family member who is supposed to be supervising these visits is not always with him or the children, and allowing him to go where ever he chooses. What if anything can I do before taking him to court. Can I cease the visits?

LegalBeagle

Yes. I mean, what is he going to do. Petition the court for contempt when he is ignoring a court order ?

Write him a letter and quote the section of the order. Let him know that if he is left unsupervised with the children then visitation will stop and you will haul his arse into court.

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

S

Skorpio

Keep a copy of that letter and get everything in writing! Then you have proof to back up what you are stating in court, also get witnesses, and afidavits, if necessary, cover all your bases!

Skorpio

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">