• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Qdro ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Harmed

What is the name of your state?NY

Two questions
A) my wife is entitled to about 1/3 of my pension ( QDRO in effect ) I selected the pop up option which will guarantee her, her share If I die . My question is what happens to her share if she were to pre- decease me . I wish her a long life and still love her very much .. My pension plan states in the paperwork that at the pop up option if the beneficiary dies the money reverts to me but is she considered a beneficiary if she gets 1/3 of the actual pension? Would the state consioder paying any of her bnenefit to a survivor of hers??
B)my wife has me listed in her QDRO but her jobs pension may be insolvent due to looming bancruptcy Do I have any redress if the pension becomes worthless. They are talking about giving the employees the right to give up all pensions to save the company . Can she waive her pension rights if a QDRO and court decree say she must give me a share? Thanks You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">