• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kourtney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

?

My boyfriends ex wife is a habitual liar and is threating to take away our mid-week visitations. Kourtney is 5 years old and her mother says that she needs counseling. Although her dad and I do not feel like she needs counseling we do not mind that. But wouldn't taking our weekly visits away hurt her more than help? How can we find out if she even really " has a lawyer working on it" ?

S

Skorpio

Any and every child needs consistency, show that this would be detremental to the realtionship if the mid-week visitations are taken away.

Counselng is good, but make sure it is by some professionals that will let you in on what they have discovered (some may not)

Do you have a visitation schedule? If not get one!! and let it be known that you want to continue with the mid-week visits, and make sure Dad is always available to be with her on those days.

Maybe the two of them should sit down and talk about a few things first. SHOW the Courts that he is willing to try to talk things over with the mother, get agreements in writing, then they can't be taken away from you, unless a Judge disagrees. Don't fall into her traps and games, and look up your states Family Codes, also, if she has an attorney, you should get on as well!

Skorpio

Always seek the advice of a professional in your area, as this is only my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">