• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

ManilowGal

I have had full custody of my daughter for 11 years. My divorce was friendly and my Ex and I get along great. I live in Nebraska and he lives in Florida. She visits him every summer, for the full summer. She decided to live with him for the current school year. We have every thing worked out and agreed upon as far as custody and support. He isn't having me pay support, and he will still carry the insurance. What do I do to file the changes in Nebraska myself? Since everything is agreeable, I don't feel that a lawyer is needed. Is this also know as "stipulated modification"? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

S

Sierra

Check your area for a Court Facilitator, they would be able to answer those types of Questions and help you fill out the paperwork. As a Paralegal will too. I commend you on your good relationship with your ex, it is a rarity, and gives the rest of us hope in reachimg that point with our ex's!

Take Care
Sierra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">