• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgagee payments to Deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klooless

Missouri

Deceased was mortgagor, i.e., receiving regular installments, for previous sale of business/real estate. During probate, or before probate has even begun, who does mortgagee make installment payments to, since mortgagor is now deceased?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

klooless said:
Missouri

Deceased was mortgagor, i.e., receiving regular installments, for previous sale of business/real estate. During probate, or before probate has even begun, who does mortgagee make installment payments to, since mortgagor is now deceased?

My response:

You don't pay to anyone - - yet. You place all payments in a savings account, and you wait for the Estate to go through Probate. The court will issue orders to the proper heir to whom you'll be sending all of your past and current payments.

If you know the Executor's name and address, make sure you send a letter concerning this matter of what you're doing with the mortgage payments, and why. Until probate is complete, you will not be sure if you're making your payments to the proper person.

IAAL

Dandy Don

Are you the executor?

Payments can be made payable TO THE ESTATE OF JOHN DOE, and then if you have opened up a bank account for estate matters only, you can put the checks in that account for distribution later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">