• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP US PLEASE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grandma2

Does my daughter have to deal with her ex's girlfriend? Does the girlfriend have the right to pick up the child for visitation w/ex, or can my daughter refuse to hand the child over to her? Should'nt the daddy have to pick his child up after work himself? (30% custody) He divorced my daughter for her and she is tired of putting on a "Happy Face" for this girl.
Located in CA.

LegalBeagle

The only person your daughter has to hand over the child to is the person named in the visitation.. in this case the father. However, if the father turns up with his g/f then there is nothing she can do about it. If there is a reason why this person should not be around the child (ie, convicted child abuser etc) then your daughter needs to petition the courts to have the visitation changed to reflect new instructions stating that she can not be near the child etc...

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

S

skorpio

I would watch out and be very careful! In a situation like this (as in my own) He may just marry this new girl just to spite you and can very possibly take the child away from you if you do not continue to comply with these changes. The courts will look badly on you if they feel you are trying to hurt the relationship between the baby and it's father. It's better to try and get along with both the EX and his new girlfriend. If you don't, she may take her aggressions out on the child. Believe me it could happen! If you have a problem with whom picks up the child simply get it in writing as to who can pick up the child and enforce this at your day care or school. I suggest you take a look at California Family Code section 7600-7602 as well as CA Family Code Division 8 sections 3000 -3204Which may give you some guidelines to go by. I wish someone had told me about this before My daughter was forced to go live with her father.

The most important aspect in this situation is the child, and if the two parents can't see that then this child is in danger of being put in the middle. If you can't get along with your ex and his girlfreind, then you need to sit and have an adult conversation with them, maybe set some guidelines for them and you to go by, And let go of what ever old feelings there were in the past, and the hate that there is now. Believe me, it is easier to try and get along than to lose custody of your child and be in a depression as I was (and still am)

Go to mediation or sit down JUST the TWO of you, or write him a simulated agreement that he can sign- but don't put anything in there that you don't agree to, BUT you do have to compromise! Let me know if I have helped.

I wish you luck, and please read your Family codes, they can help you.

S

Sierra

Your daughters ex must be some piece of work if he can't face the mother on his own. Unfortunately, your daughter needs to be civil and put on a face for the new GF, if she doesn't, the father could make things worse and she could fall into a trap of one-upmanship-games, and ultimately lose custody of the child to someone who doesn't deserve to have it. Although, Every parent has a right to know both parents, don't step in his way. As the saying goes.... Killing them with Kindness. You get more with sugar than Vinegar, etc. Get along, for the sake of your child!

Sierra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">