• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mixing - Copying music

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

promomix

Hi, i am a professional DJ / Producer in the United Kingdom (England).

I play commericial tunes such as Blue, Usher, Kylie etc - chart tunes.

Due to thier structure they are almost impossible to mix as they are. So what i often do is load them up onto pc and either remix them or re-edit them (copy beats to end of tracks etc for mixing). Sometimes a "bootleg" version may be available so i use this idead. (usually do it myself though!). Then burn them onto CD-r and play!

I'm preety sure that using copid discs, or copying discs is illegal. But in this case is it different? If not, is there a way to get round it? I Always carry in the original CD's with me.

Cheers very much.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Questions about U.S. law ONLY.

promomix said:
Hi, i am a professional DJ / Producer in the United Kingdom (England).

I play commericial tunes such as Blue, Usher, Kylie etc - chart tunes.

Due to thier structure they are almost impossible to mix as they are. So what i often do is load them up onto pc and either remix them or re-edit them (copy beats to end of tracks etc for mixing). Sometimes a "bootleg" version may be available so i use this idead. (usually do it myself though!). Then burn them onto CD-r and play!

I'm preety sure that using copid discs, or copying discs is illegal. But in this case is it different? If not, is there a way to get round it? I Always carry in the original CD's with me.

Cheers very much.

Questions about U.S. law ONLY.

P

promomix

Oh right, sorry i did'nt know.

What are the general laws in the USA then? There probably the same as here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">