• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She's Sleeping With MY Lawyer!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FrustratedDadinNC

Okay, She's not really sleeping with my lawyer. I just really need some feedback on this: Sorry to deceive you but I did get your attention, didn't I?

I'm a resident of North Carolina. I'm a professional male considering leaving my wife and filing for divorce. We have a four-year old little girl. I've been very active in my daughter's upbringing, sharing duties 50/50
with my wife from the beginning through now.
I'd like joint custody but my wife has implied that if I leave, she'll petition for primary or sole custody. My question is this: what are my chances in the contemporary court system to win joint custody? There are no
extraneous issues like affairs, abuse, or addictions to consider. We're pretty normal, middle-class people. Please help me out with some answers - the fear of losing my daughter is keeping me hostage in this marriage.

LegalBeagle

This question was already answered.. your chances are good. What is more important is that you have good visitation and have regular access to the child.

------------------
Psst.. I am not an attorney, and even if I was, I would not tell you. What I am giving you is not legal advice in anyway. For proper legal advice, retain a person who openly admits they are an attorney.

V

vikas

well i am not lawyer but i have a suggestion dont ruin your life in emotional dramas that will kill u.

J

jokster

A Lawyer maried a woman who had previously divorced 10 husbands.

On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "please be gentle, I'm still a virgin."

"What!?? said the puzzled groom, "how can that be if you've been maried ten times?"

"Well, Husband No. 1 was a Sales Representative; he kept telling me how great it was going to be...

Husband No. 2 was in Software Services; he was never relly sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me...

Husband No. 3 was from Field Services; he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up....

Husband No. 4 was in Telemarketing; even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver...

Husband No. 5 was an Engineer; he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method....

Husband No. 6 was from Finance & Administration; he thought he knew how, but wasn't sure whether it was his job or not...

Husband No. 7 was in Marketing; although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it...

Husband No. 8 was a Phychiatrist; all he wanted to do was talk about it...

Husband No. 9 was a Gynecologist; all he did was look at it...

Husband No. 10 was a Stamp Collector; all he ever did was....God!!! I miss him!!!

But now, that I've married you. I'm really excited!!!!"

"Good..." said the Lawyer, "but why??"

"Duh! Your're a Lawyer!! This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!!!!!!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">