• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law breaking employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

weekes

Illinois
My employer has me perform several illegal activities that I am not comfortable with, such as illegally venting refrigerants into the atmosphere and taking parts off of customers campers and replacing them with defective parts. Although I am not physically forced to do these things I feel that I am compelled to do as he says because I cannot find work in my area that is comparable relating to wages. He also has a friend/co-worker of mine filing false warranty claims with manufacturers. My co-worker is also in a bad situation having been recently divorced and a single mother. Can this loser actually get away with this sort of thing or can we seek legal help without being terminated. I'm at the point where my nerves are shot and I don't care about losing my job anymore but my co-worker is afraid of losing hers.
any advice will be greatly appreciated.
he name of your state?

Beth3

I'm not sure which regulatory agency has authority over the refrigerants but if you wish to report this, I suggest you start with your State's department of natural resources. You can also contact the EPA. If you do, I suggest you also inquire about any legislated protections against retalliation for reporting this violation.

As to the rest, you'd have to directly inform customers and manufacturers about what is taking place. You might want to contact the Better Business Bureau and see if they have any advice to offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">