• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my life ruined?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

J2_

What is the name of your state? California

I was arrested for Grand Theft Felony and went to court last week. My charges were dropped to a misdemeanor ( i don't know why, could someone tell me why?) and now i must wait 2 weeks until my next court date. Now, i'm am scared of what will happen to me and have been often depressed. I know i ruined my life :( What will happen to me next? Should i hire a lawyer? Will this record follow me the rest of my life? :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

J2_ said:

I was arrested for Grand Theft Felony and went to court last week. My charges were dropped to a misdemeanor ( i don't know why, could someone tell me why?) and now i must wait 2 weeks until my next court date. Now, i'm am scared of what will happen to me and have been often depressed. I know i ruined my life :( What will happen to me next? Should i hire a lawyer? Will this record follow me the rest of my life? :eek:

My response:

Isn't it strange that you're NOW asking these questions?

Wouldn't it have been smarter to have asked these questions BEFORE you became a criminal by committing Grand Theft?

I guess criminals are dumber than a bucket of rocks - - right?

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

J2_ said:

Does it dawn on you that you have been asking the same question for 15 days?

J

jnglgeo

J2 i advise you to hire a lawyer he will help you out bigtime

Assuming that you dont' have a lawyer and you don't have money either, don't you have a court appointed legal aide attorney ? Your charges were lowered perhaps because prosecutors didn't have enough evidence to get you on higher charges, or maybe it was your first offense, or it could be a whole bunch of reasons.

Misdemeanor is not the end of the world. But having a felony conviction, now - that would definetely ruin your life in oh, so many ways.... so consider yourself lucky.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">