• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

default divorce on my own?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EmberRain

shortly after i informed my husband that i'd filed for divorce, before i had a chance to have him served with the papers, he left the country, and won't be back until after the papers expire. it wasn't an attempt to escape the situation, he wants to end this as badly as i do, there were no plans to contest the divorce. but i hadn't spoken to him in months and had no idea he was planning on leaving. i can contact him through e-mail, but he isn't staying in one place long enough to have a physical address. he has retained a lawyer, here in michigan. from what i've been told, i have to hire a lawyer to get a default divorce. is there any way around this? i have no idea where i could possibly get the money for legal fees. can the divorce simply be done through his lawyer, or do i have no choice but to hire my own?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">