• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity testing for minor father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grandfather-2b

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin.
My son and his girlfriend were 16 when she became pregnant. He is now 17, and she will still be 16 when the child is born. She was active with multiple partners. Although my son claims to be the father, I have doubts. I have heard that in Wisconsin, minor parents are required to participate in paternity testing by state law. The parents of the mother are not cooperative on this request. How do I proceed? Thanks for any information.

BelizeBreeze

You don't. Until the child is born the court is very unlikely to require a paternity test. When the child is born and IF the mother comes after your son for child support, THEN your son can petition the court to require a paternity test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">