• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opposing Lawyer's...strategy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pony1

I live in CA. My ex's attorney always takes forever to get back to my attorney while my attorney is very prompt with him. He doesn't get necessary documents to us until the very last minute to the point where we have to continue the trial. Also, when we request documents ie. dissomaster, etc. he doesn't get back to us and then the day before the court date he continues the trial citing computer problems or other things like that. My question is...is there a reason that an attorney would do this or is he just a procrastinator? Is it to squeeze more money out of his client? Is this some kind of strategy that lawyers use, drawing it out like this and, if so, what would that strategy be? Why, oh why, pray tell.

T

Try this

I have tried this myself and has been effective in getting paperwork needed in time to do what is needed; Call the office at least every other day (or more). If that doesn't work, go to the office, and make yourself comfortable.

OR you can complain to the Judge that he is slow. Get it on Court record that your case isn't going smoothly because of the lack of a quick response. Ask the Judge to make him have paperwork to your attorney within a week, specific date, time, etc.

Good luck, Persistence pays!

Try this

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">