• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

THE PURPOSE FOR VISITATION & CUSTODY COURT ORDERS and MAKING PRIVATE AGREEMENTS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Ukiah

In CA, you can make agreements with your ex and bring them to a court hearing or to the county mediator and have then signed by the judge. If you make your own agreements then you are showing the courts that you are not wasting their time with trivial matters.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ukiah:
In CA, you can make agreements with your ex and bring them to a court hearing or to the county mediator and have then signed by the judge. If you make your own agreements then you are showing the courts that you are not wasting their time with trivial matters.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point of IAAL information is that a judge has to sign it off.

A

AngryDad

Here, you've posted about what happens if the the noncustodial parent was to not follow the court order to the letter regarding child support (as you said - JAIL). Here's what happens when the custodial parent denies visitation - NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They get a little lecture in court, and are free to continue denying visitation time and again!
Judges just sound like broken records saying "don't do that again" over and over.

I agree with the punishment given to noncustodial parents who don't pay, BUT I think that there should be equal punishment for the custodial parent who denies court ordered visitation for their child with the other parent. Why is the punishment for non-payment so harsh in comparison to denial of visitation? Maybe, if custodial parents started losing the children they're denying visitation with, that would be just, fair and equal to the punishment given deadbeats who don't pay. CPs who deny visitation (except in situations where the child is being abused) are deadbeats as well, and should be punished accordingly for denying their children the relationship with their other parent. They aren't looking at the child as their child...they're looking at the child as their possession, and if that isn't abuse/neglect of the child, I don't know what is.

T

Try this

It's all in how you play the "game"! If your ex is a really good liar then you lose, because someone who can't lie, or has to tell the whole truth, gets screwed (almost) every time!

As far as making your own agreements between the two parents, yes you can. I have done it! And the Courts accepted it. All we did was put in writing that we agreed on specific details of the visitation and we both signed it and dated it. When it came time to go to court, the court did recognize the agreement and also commended us on doing so without waisting the courts time and resourses.

We wound up in court because my ex also tried to refuse visitation. It worked in my favor (and I can't lie, not for my child's sake either!).

Good luck,
Try this

This is only my experience and opinion, all other experiences within the court system vary greatly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">