• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Destroying Pine Tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Resiemor

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

1). I have a white spruce tree which I planted about two feet in from the property line six years ago. Now the tree has grown about three feet over on her property -- and she has clopped off ALL the branches on her side -- causing the tree to be deformed and I worry about it falling over now since is is four feet wide on my side and has nothing on her side.

I understand she has the right to prune the branches on her side of the property, but can she destroy my pine tree like that? It isn't encroaching anything on her side that I can see.

2). Furthermore, she prunes all my stuff back where I have a fence in a different area, and then she stuffs the cut branches back into my bushes with the hopes of killing them! She is getting so bold, she is cutting things one foot into my property. I throw them back at her, and she just gets worse!

What are my rights with regard to the pine tree, and with regards to her throwing the branches on her side back at me? I am sick of this woman!!

BelizeBreeze

Anything upto and on the center of the property line (depending on which side it is located) is the property of the owner of that side. So, it's not "your" pine tree on her side of the fence and she can trim to her heart's content.

As for her trimming and throwing back over the fence up to 1 foot on your side, the next time she does so, call the police and file a complaint against her for trespass and destruction of private property.

If you have a video camera, tell her to smile when you tape her.

nextwife

Good grief, you know how BIG a white spruce gets. Why plant it so close to the lot line? It's not like it has a big canopy and she can still use the space underneith.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">