• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new zealand law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drinker

please advise
my partner from new zealand wantsto come to live with me in england...but is sure that the ex will attempt legal action to prevent their 2 yr old son from moving away.....
is there anyway around this?
they are not divorced yet as this takes 2 yrs
would there be any problems from the english saide of things also?
appreciate any advice u can give......

S

Skorpio

I don't think that anyone on this board could help you, as we're all in the USA. I do suggest that you speak with an attorney or lawyer on this matter in you country.

Skorpio

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drinker:
please advise
my partner from new zealand wantsto come to live with me in england...but is sure that the ex will attempt legal action to prevent their 2 yr old son from moving away.....
is there anyway around this?
they are not divorced yet as this takes 2 yrs
would there be any problems from the english saide of things also?
appreciate any advice u can give......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I wish I could assist, but I practice American law and, specifically, law within the State of California. To give you my thoughts concerning the "what-ifs" of New Zealand law could be very damaging to your friend. Your friend needs to seek, and follow, local counsel's advice.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

U

usdeeper

I guess it is left to the English guy to save the day...

Your friend will NOT be able to stay in UK with the child unless she has full written permission to do so from the father. Since he is being threaten with his child being moved 67,000 miles away (I know that is wrong by the way) then he is probably going to be a little miffed.

From the NZ side of things.. then taking a GENERAL view of laws (no way specific to NZ) then generally, a judge in one country will not allow a child to be taken to another country if it is going to impact the relationship with one of the parents and that parent in anyway objects to the move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">