• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Grounds????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lilshugga

What is the name of your state? GA

I found out in February that my husband was cheating on me with the same married woman he was found to have cheated on me with almost two years ago. I filed for a divorce and dismissed it after he "claimed" THIS TIME he was going to change. We've been separated (as advised by our counselor) for going on 3 mos. and he's shown me that he does NOT want our marriage to work. Since we've cohabitated as husband and wife after the dismissed divorce proceedings, can I still use adultery as grounds? Or can it be mentioned in the petition? What grounds can be used? Irreconcilable differences seem too easy for him. :)

Thx,
Lilshugga

rmet4nzkx

Adultery is grounds for divorce in Georgia and may affect other factors such as settlement and support. You are required to be separated when filing although you may live in the same house, you cannot be havng sex. so the previous grounds for adultery would still hold your attempts at reconcilliation failed and you didn't co habit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">