• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it time for my own Attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xcuzme

Probate in CA, I'm in Idaho. Here's the gyst of things so far: Court documents were rec'd this week stating values of the house, vehicles, retirement funds and cash accounts. All this looks fine. Sibling X is the Administrator, has lived with my father for several years, wants to keep the house and is apparently telling Sibling Y lies about me. Y sent a nasty letter stating that X said I ransacked the house taking personal effects without anyone knowing, while in truth, the Estate attorney's (hired by X) assistant as well as X has a list of items I took with me. X was present at the time I took the items and even helped load things and took down serial numbers at the time. I believe X has convinced Y to sign over their share of the house and is now positioning to try to force me into something. Since the real property and other assets have been recorded with the courts, don't they HAVE to be equally distributed or is there some way that X can prevent me from receiving my share of the estate. Also, at this point I'm tempted to try to FORCE the sale of the house. Can this be done? Note that NONE of the effects INSIDE the house have been reported to the court. Is it time to get my own personal attorney or does the Estate attorney need to hear about all this? Is the Estate attorney on my side or just X's?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">