• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if Ex Defaults on Mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JackieG

Right now my ex has all financial claim on the house we own, as I have signed a quit claim deed, (forced to do so need I say) What if He Defaults on the Mortgage, What kind of legal recourse do i have This has been a 3 yr battle and im tired of giving in to his threats if i dont do things his way, when it comes to this property. I live in a different state now so is very difficult to keep track of things. I do have an Attorney, but Ex always seems to lie his way out of everything. Im not sure what other resources i have to tap into to fight him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackieG:
Right now my ex has all financial claim on the house we own, as I have signed a quit claim deed, (forced to do so need I say) What if He Defaults on the Mortgage, What kind of legal recourse do i have This has been a 3 yr battle and im tired of giving in to his threats if i dont do things his way, when it comes to this property. I live in a different state now so is very difficult to keep track of things. I do have an Attorney, but Ex always seems to lie his way out of everything. Im not sure what other resources i have to tap into to fight him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are you saying that in the divorce he got the house, you signed the QCD and he has refused to refinance it to take your name off the mortgage ?

What is his response to your letters ? What is your attorney telling you and what exactly does the divorce decree state about this ?

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">