• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket... No Front Tag

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wardnine

What is the name of your state? Virginia (Arlington County)

A couple days ago I got a $40 parking ticket for not having a front tag. Can the police give me a non-moving violation on a prking ticket?? Also. the ticket has my license plate as CHAMP but it is acutally C-HAMP (with the dash). The only other identifying mark about my car on the ticket is that it was a Honda 4-Door. Can the ticket still be traced back to me? Can I get off because the police officer (possibly) wrote down the wrong tag name??

TCB4U2B2B

Hi: Wardnine

A parking ticket for not having a front plate is appropriate under a state law. The front plate law allows traffic control and security cameras to photo the vehicle.

Most but not all cameras photo both front and back plates to be used to compare and prove the vehicle photoed is the same vehicle. Used for positive identification. Both for tickets and stolen vehicles. One can help when a vehicle is stolen and the other for traffic control and ticketing, etc.

My suggestion is to comply to the law and not expect to dodge it or look for a "Loop Hole." Doing so does not help you in the long run. A minor infraction, such as a parking ticket or discrepancy in spelling to avoid a minor infraction, will not help your present case nor help in the long run.

You're surely to someday encounter a traffic control camera. Doing so without a front plate and a picture of the rear plate will cause more tickets to be issued. Best to pay the present ticket and comply with the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">