• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor bulldozed my Trees!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KathiH2000

What is the name of your state? Michigan

We recently had our land surveyed, because our neighbor refused to keep his children and their ATV's off of our property. As we suspected, our neighbor has bulldozed paths on our property for his children to ride their ATV's. He has bulldozed over sixty (5-20 year old) trees, as well as ripped up the land and left quite a mess on our property. I would like to get estimates to replant my trees and clean up the land. Am I entitled to make my neighbor pay for this? How about the survey I was forced to have to keep him from trespassing?

Thanks!

S

stevieN

Neighbor bulldozed my trees!

I can feel your stress. Isn't it ironic how the same people that think they have rights to your property, would be the first to complain of things like, lets say your fence.

I would make sure you get estimates for replacing your trees as they were, not sapplings, and make sure you get ahold of a landscaping company. You wouldn't go over on your neighbors ground and dig up their trees or landscaping without being responsible to pay for replacement. I am not a lawyer but I would think there wouldn't be any Lawyer that would say you couldn't be awarded with damages they have caused especially with survey in hand! Good luck to you it is always stressful when someone tries to make your world their's and probably aren't even nice Neighbors to boot!

BelizeBreeze

Am I entitled to make my neighbor pay for this? How about the survey I was forced to have to keep him from trespassing?
Take your survey and photos of the damage done to your property to a local attorney and let him/her handle this matter.

The process will likely be one filled with animosity so stay out of it as much as possible.

nextwife

Hmmm. Maybe they sneak could in and draw big bullseyes on tha back of the ATVs. Then, come November.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">