• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passed civil service test but now put on hold without a physical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strikerbiker

What is the name of your state? NYS

Here is an update. The sheriff called me. He told me that he was not going to concider me because of what he stated and I had to decline not to be called in for another interview. Or if I say I want to be concidered then he will have to do some fancy writing to get around the civil service office to get me declined from the postion. I clearly stated I want to be concidered for the postion! Now what are my rights here? I really need some help here.

Below is the original ask for help.

I took a civil service test. Passed it very well. Very qualified for the job. Matter of fact I was a State Trained Correction Officer. Got hurt on the job. During that time became pregnant with my son. Union Contract agreement after 1 year out terminated. Well I had the baby and my now ex husband was making 5000.00 per month said stay home and take care of the baby. Now divorced wanted the good bennefits and pay again without bouncing all over the state to get home again.

I went in for the first interview passed that no problem have a clean background. Go in to meet the Sheriff. Well he asked why they just served me. I said my ex harassing over visits that he violated and I stopped until we could get it back into court to straighten it out. I filed the same day he did. He harrassed the supervisor and scared my son doing it. Then he says I see you had an injury on the job. Yes. How is it? fine. Well with all this I have to put you on hold.

Can a job being civil service done by test score be done this way. I have better training then the ones they have in their county jail with only 80 hours of training. I have 6 weeks in the academy with police firearms training. Plus years of expierence. Can they do this without a physical and my training? Are they allowed to pass me over for another with a lowwer test score and less to no training?

Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">