• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged HOA violation by 2 attorny's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Terri S 1

I live in a HOA community in Miami Florida, or should I say a "communist community!" I was in violation of a damaged trellis, made arrangements with the regular assoc. attorney on time needed for repairs. The violation fee was $100.00 which I paid. Within our agreed time limit I received another violation letter & $100.00 fine from a new attorney on the same violation, which I also had to pay. The regular attorney knew nothing about the second attorney, but said I had to pay both fines.
Is this legal? Is this a conflict that leaves me as the victim?
I have been targeted and harrassed for years now. I have lived here for 19 yrs. and have watched this type of behavior form from normal happy homeowners to now scared & abused victims of these self appointed, power hungry Gestapo's.

Please try to advise me on this. I am a singe mom and seem to be powerless againist these, so called (people) who are now in charge of my well being as a homeowner.
Thanks, Sincerely Terri

Ummonx

The way HOA laws are in most states, is that they can pretty much do anything they want within the bylaws. FL is particularly harsh since they can forclose on your home for unpaid dues and fines.

If you take them to court YOU will be responsible for all attorney fees. The only way I found to change anything on a HOA is to run for the board.

hence the reason I will never live in a HOA again
good luck

Incognito

do you have the previous letters that say you owe $100's. Also, you will need the canceled checks and or bank copy of the check.

Since you are having so much trouble with your hoa, always keep notes dates, times.

Keep all correspondence logged and safe.

I live in a HOA community in Miami Florida, or should I say a "communist community!" I was in violation of a damaged trellis, made arrangements with the regular assoc. attorney on time needed for repairs. The violation fee was $100.00 which I paid. Within our agreed time limit I received another violation letter & $100.00 fine from a new attorney on the same violation, which I also had to pay. The regular attorney knew nothing about the second attorney, but said I had to pay both fines.
Is this legal? Is this a conflict that leaves me as the victim?
I have been targeted and harrassed for years now. I have lived here for 19 yrs. and have watched this type of behavior form from normal happy homeowners to now scared & abused victims of these self appointed, power hungry Gestapo's.

Please try to advise me on this. I am a singe mom and seem to be powerless againist these, so called (people) who are now in charge of my well being as a homeowner.
Thanks, Sincerely Terri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">