• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Distributed Incorrectly"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babygirl32

I lost my grandmother in 95, at that time there was a will that was read by my uncle who was appointed the executor,i learned that me(granddaughter)and her three children were to divide up any monies that were left after all of her responsiblities were taken care of.....i learned recently that i didn't get my appropriate share from my aunt and why i wasn't told this years ago ,i have no idea.She shared with me that my uncle was upset with me at the time when he gave everyone there portion and felt like i shouldn't have got an equaled amount,,,i never questioned know one back then because i thought everything was ok,but i did feel like i didn't receive what i was suppose to,because my grandmother had multiple policies but i only walked away with such a short amount.When i shared with my aunt what i got she darn near fell over and said that i definitely got let out....i just want to know could i sue my uncle for not giving me my equal share or should i let my grandmother rest in peace?She raised me and my two brothers and i miss her terribly,but i don't want him to get over if i'm suppose to have monies that are due to me,i'm a struggling single mom with a child that has had a heart transplant and if i had extra monies somewhere i should could use them right now.....please help? Was he also suppose to make us all aware of what was left over and what he paid on...or was that any of our business since he's the executor.One more thing,i guess i'm venting,he lives 3 minues from my house and has nevers set foot in my yard to see how his only niece is doing,it doesn't make me wonder why he's suffering so much now with Rheumatoid Arthritis.....especially being a preacher and all.....it kills me that people and especially family will step on you like this.Please help!!! Thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please re-post on the Estate Planning Board. And, just a suggestion: Try and keep the emotions and editorializations out of your post and stick to the facts.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">