• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This is torture, please help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sister Rage

In 1987,my brother, sister and I were placed in foster care. My sister and I were placed with my Uncle and his wife. In 1993 I was able to sign myself out of foster care, however my Uncle and his wife adopted my little sister. Now they are divorcing and she has custody. She refuses to let me have any contact with my sister. My sister and I have always been very close and we love eachother very much. Can she just break ties like that? Am I entitled to legal visitation rights??? Please help. We are in the state of NY. NYC.

A

Always searching

How old are you? How old is your sister? What were the circumstances surrounding the foster care? Did they feel that you had any part in any sort of abuse or neglect? You leave us begging questions to be answered. Apparently the uncle and wife have some real reservations about the communication. Do you still contact your parents? Perhaps they are afraid you would get in contact with them and mess up the continuity of what they have established with your sister. If you are old enough to petition the court then that is the first step in the process but we need to know if you are old enough to do this and could you afford a good attorney. Do you have stable circumstances to prove that you are a reliable person? Answer some of these questions and we will lead you further.

S

Sister Rage

I am 28 and my sister is 14. I had no part in any neglect or abuse....remember I stated that I was also removed from the home, I had no part in the neglect, it was my mom. I was too young back then to play any part in raising my sister. I am a stable person with a husband and two children, one on the way. I have a college education and I work everyday. My uncle disagrees with her behavior, she is acting out of bitterness from the divorce towards our family. It's not fair my sister and I are very close and have been visiting up until the divorce problems. She even let my sister stay with me from time to time. Now she is mad at my uncle and is taking it out on our side of the family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">