• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help, scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iwaswrong

What is the name of your state? New York

I am currently a student and have student loans up the waazoo. My friend told me that someone she knew was selling Louis Vuitton Bags on ebay and making about $200.00 per bag to repay her credit card and student loans back. I though that it was a good idea and my friend and I decided to order bags and sell them on ebay. We both made our money back and then some. One day my ebay account was cancelled and in order for it to be reinstated I had to send a copy of my phone bill and sign something that said "under penalty of perjury". I did it right away to have my account back and to get rid of my bags, after it was reinstated my account was suspended again. Now ebay is asking me for receipts to the bags, which I do not have. Do I have to send them? I have had no complaints from my buyers. Can I just blow ebay off and never sell bags again. Is it illegal to sell these bags through a newspaper ad or a flyer? I just want to get rid of them. What is the penalty for this type of crime if it is my first offence? By the way, I did not state that these bags were authentic like most sellers of fake bags do.

B

blameshifting

The maximum penalty for violating 18 U.S.C. § 2320 is imprisonment for 10 years and a fine of $2,000,000 for a first-time violator.

gjs8806

That last reply is not true. But you can just blow off ebay and not use it for awhile and you will be fine. But I wouldnt suggest selling these bags local, I would try and sell them to freinds or something.

tigger22472

gjs8806 said:
That last reply is not true. But you can just blow off ebay and not use it for awhile and you will be fine. But I wouldnt suggest selling these bags local, I would try and sell them to freinds or something.

That isn't true... although I can't tell you the penalties it is illegal to sell these bags. We had a segment on our local news a while ago about how prosecuters are filing charges for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">