• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-bay Auction Fraud, different states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sglidden

I live in Wisconsin and bought a pair of Super Bowl tickets from someone in North Carolina via an e-bay auction. I paid with a personal check and never received the tickets or a refund. The seller has since moved to Douglas County, Colorado. I cannot find anyone (even a lawyer) who can tell me where I need to file a small claims case. (1) Can I file it in my local County or do I need to go to Colorado or do I need to go to North Carolina? (2) If I do sue out of state, will I have to travel there to go to court? (3) If I do have to travel, can I be compensated for those costs?

BelizeBreeze

And, of course, you got no Hint from the more than 1,000 previous posts on ebay problems when you did as instructed in the above rules and conducted a search before coming here with this inane question?

S

sglidden

BelizeBreeze, people like you make the world a better place to live. You have been incredibly helpful (much like all the other people who responded to all the other topics in exactly the same manner as you)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">