• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

right of use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nonboatr

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?va
Has anyone heard of any precedent of someone giving right of use for a swimming pool on someone's property? There seem to be some insurance problems as well as to invasion of privacy, parties etc. If this has been done, please let me know. Thanks.

nextwife

A residential pool?

Maybe you could give some specifics of the situation. Are you a homeowner of a residence with a swimming pool and another party is claiming a legal right to use to the pool?

nonboatr

pool

we are rarely home and the neighbors would like an easement and use of our pool with something that would absolve us of liability. Is this done?

BelizeBreeze

nonboatr said:
we are rarely home and the neighbors would like an easement and use of our pool with something that would absolve us of liability. Is this done?
Only if you are completely void or intelligence....i.e., a complete and utter fool.

nextwife

Think about it. Even if you could somehow legally have them release you of liability, what if they leave the gate open andfa third party kid gets in and drowns? YOU would be liable. What if they invite someone and there is an accident? That party could sue you.

If they want a pool, let 'em build one or join a club that has one.

Last edited:

nonboatr

yep

That's my thought, they are just trying to get something for free...It seems to happen all around me, people suggesting we "go in with them" on buying stuff. I know the pool thing is wrong just wanted some legaleeze...Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

First the neighbors want to use your bridge, and now your pool.

What the hell kind of neighbors do you have, anyway?

Is this in some sort of trailer park?

IAAL

nonboatr

believe it or not

No, waterfront and it is definately not a trailer park, but neighbors do ALOT of borrowing and "wanna buy this together?" stuff. I'm really not like that, kinda private but so nice (naive) I seem to get into this kinda predicament without thinking...I'm really glad I found this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">