• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody of grandchildren

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeannie88310

I have been raising my grandson since birth, (3years). I am now raising his brother since he was a month old. Unforntually my daughter is not good with taking care of the boys, and the youngest boy's father is facing court hearings , one of many charges is child pronography. My daughter has decided after 3 years, that the oldest of the boys should remain with us, she is willing to sign over custody. There is no father to this boy, the only one she thinks is the father is dead, to the best of our knowlege. Do I have to have the help of a lawyer to fill out the custody papers? Can I do the paperwork myself? Where do I get the paperwork?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">