• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Saggii

Need some advice, here's some background..been divorced for 4 yrs and have had joint custody ever since I got a divorce. Two years ago I remarried and my Ex took me to court, she wanted full custody and wanted to give me one day a week visitation. I didn't want to change the parenting schedule we had and wanted everything to stay the same. She has a bipolar disorder, during mediation it was recomended a parents completion of a pshychological test hich would have resulted in a recommendation for a childsharing plan. She refused the recommendation by the court and dropped the case. Everything was working ok ever since with some favors she would ask to keep our daugther for special events. I've never denied any favor she's asked and now out of no where she said she needs more time, that having our daugther 4 days a week is not enough and she want's her on a weekend day leaving me with only two days. I don't want to give us what little time I have with my daughter but it looks like she will take me again for a second time to court. Does she have any grounds to win a case just because my Ex feels lonely now that she broke up with her boyfriend? Will I have to pay for her lawyers fees? She used to have a good paying job and quit her job to get a minimum wage job because of religious beliefs. I'm married to a wonderful woman and have two children now, my daughter and baby boy. I really don't want to change or brake the good relationship we have and would do anything to not go to court but when she wants full custody, I just can't sit and do nothing. I don't want to play her game and ask for full custody because I know my daughter love her mother but don't know if I should let her know that I'm willing to fight hard this time. I'm in the State of California

U

Ukiah

Why don't you try Exchanging days, if she wants the child on one of your days then you exchange it for one of hers. Sounds fair to me, and works for us too. See how that works for the both of you. It's not right to interfere with the parent/ child relationship, and she should be made to realize this. IN A NICE WAY.

------------------
All that you have read in no way is Legal Advice, it is a matter of opinion to help you in your quest

S

Saggii

The problem here is that she says she needs more time with our daughter that means that she's not willing to give any of her days but wants a full day that belongs to our daughter and I.

MySonsMom

Saggii: Do you have the child every weekend?

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

U

Ukiah

I agree with IAAL! If she is unwilling to exchange then you need to fight her with everything you can. And show her that you are not going to take this *crap* anymore. You are as much a parent to the child as she is.

S

Saggii

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MySonsMom:
Saggii: Do you have the child every weekend?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have her from Thursday evening to Sunday morning. This was the schedule that she she agree on after not being able to take our daughter away for full custody. Just like you said "There is no love like the unconditional love of a mother and a FATHER"..let's not forget we do love our children just as much!!!

[This message has been edited by Saggii (edited September 26, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">