• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you get undivorced?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Micchy

I made a huge mistake last year by allowing my ex-husband to convince me to sign divorce papers without the consent of an attorney. We used forms purchased in the stationary store and just filled in the blanks and filed the papers in NY state.

At the time I was shell-shocked over the whole incident so wasn't thinking clearly.

My ex-husband ended up with our home, 3 cars and most of our possesions accumulated after 15 years of marriage. I had to get a small apartment and didn't have much storage so he said I could keep some of my things there til I found a bigger, more permanent home.

Now he won't let me have my stuff. I have nothing in writing saying that it's mine.

Can anything be done? I really feel like I was taken to the cleaners...he has everything, I have nothing!!

Can the divorce be modified for these reasons? I just want my personal belongings back.

S

Soooopeee

You signed the papers. now theres nothing you can do. good example as to why people should always be represented by a lawyer.

X

x

This poor, young, person is the Poster Child for why you need an attorney in divorce matters. It's all over for her, but others can learn from her mistakes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">