• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rehab for surgeon 11 days after surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kanut

[]What is the name of your state? tennessee

had cervical decompression, all symptons on left side before surgery, all test showed left side, all test right side was within normal limits, in recovery i was complaining about right hand numbness, weakness, and heaviness, got op report, states dura was torn at c5, go back for post op doctor on medical leave, with a little investigations, he was sent to drug and/or alcohol rehab 11 days after surgery, to this day i have not seen my surgeon since surgery,
got another opinion, now i find out that i have a lesion on spinal cord at c5, you know how doctors stick together, right hand is deteriorating, continually numb and heavy, left hand thumb and forfinger again numb, what are my chances that this may be malpractice, this was in 2002

R

red_curlzz

surgeons

California

Surgeons are trained to stick together legally. They can practically kill a patient and they will all stick together and say he/she did the right thing. They are a group practice and take legal training and will even have a lawyer on retainer to protect themselves. Your best bet is to review the op records and try to speak w/someone else that was involved in the surgery.A nurse, a scrub tech, anesthesia, someone else. You can also have your whole case evaluated by an independent physician. Don't go to the hospital or group where he was. They will all "circle the wagons" and protect one another. Traditionally speaking, physicians always stand up for each other. Nurses will tell on each other, but doctors won't. I know, I have been in the medical field for almost 20 years..........................................

ellencee

red_curlzz
If you have been in the medical field for 20 years + or -, then you know an addict is only at normal functioning level with sufficient drugs in the system and you know that a tear of the dura is a normal risk of spinal surgery.

Instead of bashing surgeons and MDs, let's focus on a damaged patient who immediately post-op should have been evaluated for the cause of neurological changes and deficits and returned to surgery for immediate repair of injury or for diagnositic findings of the spine/cord with repair of any SCI.

kanut--Call a local medmal attorney at once and get in to the office for a consultation STAT. It is possible that the statute of limitations is nearly at an end as you knew immediately after surgery that something was not right. Whether or not the statute of limitation can be tolled is something only your attorney can tell you after your attorney reviews your particular circumstances. The surgeon's drug use will be of importance in calculating punitive damages. There are more healthcare professionals indicated as being negligent in your care than just the primary surgeon.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">