• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Washington Parking Ticket Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kat-Jon

What is the name of your state? I live in Washington

Long story (relatively) short:
Just recieved a collections notice for a parking ticket apparently I recieved back in 2000. I haven't recieved any notice other than this, and this one was sent to my parents house. Any way I don't mind paying a ticket, but I don't feel as though I should have to pay any late fee or collections fee. I have moved two times since 2000 and may have been hard to find, but I have done everything I can to keep my address updated etc. I have lived in the same place for 2 1/2 years, I think that should have been plenty of time to find me (before collections)

Any Advice for the next step, or should I just pay the fine before it ruins my credit. Thanks-

racer72

Pay the fine. Parking tickets are non moving violations and are not part of your driving record (unless you get a bunch of them).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">