• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal fill affecting storm water runoff continued ....Pasco county fl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pezcbp

July 28 2004 the plot thickens ... Over the weekend I did some research and there are 3 other properties in my development that have the same problems with filling of land and storm water runoff . I thought I was the only one ...One of them the house sits finished several months and sits vacant woo woo county commissioners did not like it when I sprang it on them with no notice they tried to stiffel me lol maybe now they will take some action

reason for this problem ...

1) we were platted in the early 70's and NO integrated stormwater system was ever designed or installed (this is typical all over Pasco in older developments)

2) with development increasing all around us, there is a higher volume of runoff coming down on us. The acres and acres of floodplain that historically handled floodwaters is now gone or rapidly disappearing. When the floodwaters get to us - since we have NO stormwater system, we suffer.

3) In 1998, SWFWMD turned over jurisdiction of wetland and floodplain permitting on residential lots less than 5 acres to the DEP. The DEP, totally unprepared to handle the situation, generally pretends it doesn't exist or ignores it (remember, this is my opinion and I'm still researching so I reserve the right to change this opinion). They technically should be the agency to permit any fill activities.

4) There is a standing assumption (or perhaps it's law - I still have to research) that says any lot owner can prepare, fill and build on 4000 sf of property (I still think it should be permitted by DEP however - still researching. Historically many, many lots that were deemed unbuildable by SWFWMD are now buildable under DEP.

5) Pasco County is issuing building permits without requiring that a lot owner show that they were permitted by DEP for fill and stormwater. Pasco will say it isn't in their jurisdiction.And contractors know this they are the worst offenders ... illegally filling lots for developmnt

any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated any one can e mail me directly at [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">