• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need really Cheep cheep divorce....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

double d

What is the name of your state? Texas :) ...... I have read thru some of the emails sent to this web site, some are close to my situation... break it down in a nutshell..... I need a divorce..... what does the Texas law say about this...been married since '82, split in '87-'88, have not lived with each other, am paying child support regulary :( .....(the baby just turned 18)
the only time we see each other is when the AG calls for a meeting to update the files (should be one soon).....I don't own any property, no vehicle, don't / can't get credit account. She brings home more money than I do, told her to file for divorce and if everything is ok I'll sign it..she hasn't, or won't....Once the state's paid back, hopefully in the next 2yrs, i'll file for divorce...If I file, can I say I don't know where she's at???? :rolleyes:

V

Voir_Dire_PA

When you are ready to file and don't know where your wife lives, she still needs to be served, otherwise your divorce cannot proceed. One of the ways to secure service is through service her by publication. The provision in the Texas Family Code governing citation by publication is listed below:

§ 3.305. CITATION BY PUBLICATION. (a) If the residence of the respondent, other than a respondent reported to be a prisoner of war or missing on public service, is unknown, citation shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation published in the county in which the petition was filed. If that county has no newspaper of general circulation, citation shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in an adjacent county or in the nearest county in which a newspaper of general circulation is
published.
(b) The notice shall be published once a week for two consecutive weeks before the hearing, but the first notice may not be published after the 20th day before the date set for the hearing.

The District Clerk's office in your county can provide you with information on how to go about having the citation published.

Hope this helps.

M

mgray77578

Need a really cheap divorce

Hey buddy. You and I are in the same boat. Well, not me, my fiance. He is still legally married and we're trying to get him divorced. I found a company that helps people get divorced if you are what the government considers "low income." I don't know if you are but, if you are, the company is called Lone Star Legal Aid. Try looking them up on the web and see what they have to offer.

JETX

FFWR said:
Each state offers their own version of do it yourself divorce of sorts. The best place to get the FREE help that you need is here. They will help you find the forms you need to file your divorce by yourself and get it done quickly. They will even help you write it if need be. They are experienced in family cases like yours. This is a non-profit site, so contact them.
Say goodbye... for violating the TOS of this site....

Last edited:

JETX

BelizeBreeze said:
I sent mary a note on this idiot first thing this morning. I guess she hasn't had her coffee yet :D
Or maybe she just didn't like the person carrying the cup!! :D :D :D :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">