• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a government body in small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

florida bob

What is the name of your state?Can I file a small claims action against a government body in Palm Beach County, Florida?
Specifically, I would like to sue the North Palm Beach County Improvement District because they reinforced the bank bordering their lake for every property owner but me, ( I am aware of the $5,000 limit etc.)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

florida bob said:
What is the name of your state?Can I file a small claims action against a government body in Palm Beach County, Florida?
Specifically, I would like to sue the North Palm Beach County Improvement District because they reinforced the bank bordering their lake for every property owner but me, ( I am aware of the $5,000 limit etc.)

My response:

Sure. But first, you need to ask the entity for it's "permission" to sue it; i.e., by filling out and serving a "Claim for Damages" on the entity, specifying your grounds and your damages. If the "Claim" is rejected by the Entity, then you're free to begin a lawsuit.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">