• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Angry Dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Skorpio

Angry Dad,

I did lose custody for denial of Visitation. I ONLY denied and fought against him seeing her because she was being abused by the Step-Mom and sexually abused by "Dad". No one listened, I had pictures of the bruises she came home with, and so did the police! But they did nothing! CPS was involved, and did nothing! She went to counseling and what was found wouldn't be allowed in court! My child suffered alot and still is from what this piece of #%*@ did to her and now she is forced to live with him! I lost because I tried to protect her too much. And fell right into his trap! He is a Damn Good Liar, and he's proud of it. His Aunt Works in the Court house and sleeps with all the cops in town, and his new wife works in the DA's office where I pay support to! So basically, my daughter was screwed from the begining. And there is nothing I can do about it. Believe me, I have thought of other things I could have done, like fleeing with her, or having him done away with. But in the end, I don't have that good of luck and figures she needed to know who he really was, and she hates him (she's also very afraid of him to the point of doing what he says over what I ask her to do).

In the end, it all isn't fair to the parent who really loves the child and it is too bad that the COurt System is stupid enough to listen to the crap that these "Good" parents are spilling out! The children suffer and the Court System lets them down!

Skorpio

T

Try this

Sounds like a big mess! What are you doing now to right the situation?

Good luck

A

AngryDad

To Skorpio -

I'm sorry about your predicament. I did say in my post to the other thread I find denying visitation justified in cases of abuse (something to that effect). I was typing about the custodial parents who deny visitation, & made direct reference to the ones who just deny for their own selfish reasons and don't get punished. The scale is much higher (at least in NY) of CPs who just get a lecture for denying visitation for selfish reasons. I am not in a situation having any problems with a judge (that was assumed; I guess because I put my name up as AngryDad), although I know a few people who have, and I went by their situations. Your situation is quite a bit different from the ones I was referring to.

I hope there is a way for you to bring it to a higher court or a different one. Good luck.

If I Am Always Liable reads this, I don't know if you took offense to what I posted, but if you did, I apologize. I didn't mean what I said to put down the laws, which were what you were posting, or to put down what you said. I stand corrected when I said they don't take custody away from CPs who deny visitation, even though it's frightening that in this case, the child was allegedly put into custody of the abusive parent. I'll just shut up now. Take care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">