• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

belle

I'm married to this woman who left me a few months after marriage. I received papers from SC for court date concerning child support. We were never divorced, and never had any children. I ran into her a couple of years later and she had a child with her. I asked her if the child was mine and she said no. Since receiving CONFIRM paper from SC, I have found out there is minor child with my last name. This letter did NOT come certified. To make matters worse, I am currently paying child support for 17 year old in TN. I also have 4 year old with my girlfriend of 6 years. We live in VA and I cannot afford to miss even ONE day of work, much less take off to go to SC. I don't have driver's license, vehicle, or money for legal aid. I feel trapped. I don't believe the child is mine, but I don't know how to go about proving it. Are there any organizations out there to help me out?
Any advice you can give will be helpful.

S

Skorpio

I would consult an attorney, More than one, and take the Paternity test. If he's yours do the right thing, Support him too.

Skorpio

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">