• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claim by ex-bf

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baffled1224

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GA

My ex-boyfriend is suing me for money he gave me during our relationship. A portion of the money I agreed to pay back b/c it was a loan. Another portion was "a gift". Those were his exact words. He broke up with me in Nov. 2003. He decided he wanted me back in Jan. 2004. I declined. In May 2004, he asked that I re-pay the loans - I agreed. Now he is suing me for "the gift". He says it had stipulations. I guess since I am no longer with him. He is also suing me for late payments - due to me not paying him on the days I agrred to - I never agreed to "late payments". Nothing was ever signed by me either.

I know it's my word against his - but what is the lieklyhood he will win?

BelizeBreeze

When you get to small claims court admit to the portion that was a loan and then ask him to produce the contract where you agreed to late payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">