• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ibemaggie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I live in California.

The attorney I retrained to help me through a workers comp case as well as assisiting me with being put on social security disablity has asked that I sign a release form now that everything is settled. She also wants me to come to her office to pick up my large file to free up space in her office. Is there anything that I need to be leary of, or is this normal procedure? I have learned through this process to not trust anyone. She is calling me back in two weeks if I have not complied to her above requst. I would appreicate a quick yes or no to let me know if I should sign this form. Thanks.

I

ibemaggie

When my atttorney called yesterday she told me that she was contacted again by opposing party to see if I was interested in more money because I settled my case with insurance coverage for life on injured body parts. I do not have any interest in doing that, I want to keep the coverage. Other then that I am settled and I guess the opposing part will start contacting me instead of her from time to time when I sign the paper.
Thanks for your interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">