• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice: property/money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ColeeJ

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
Bought a house 2 years ago with man I have a child with. He ended relationship 4 months ago and am concerned about house. Should I get a quit claim deed to end his rights to the house? If so, what sort of tax issues should I expect? I was a stay at home mom and am now trying to get an education. Sold my stocks to buy this house, invested 85,000 into the house, is he entitled to any of that money? My name is also on mortgage and title to the house, along with his. What can I do to get him out of my house and out of my pocket? Thanx

nextwife

BelizeBreeze said:
Easy. Pay him 1/2 the appraised value of the house for his signing a quit claim deed and refi in your name only.

Breezy, Dear, I hate to contradict you, but I think you meant to tell her to refinance and pay him half the EQUITY in the house, based on appraisal, not half the appraised value!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">