• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resume and applications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

barbara l harpe

What is the name of your state?georgia- I have had several jobs is it legal not to include some of them on my resume and applications?

JETX

"I have had several jobs is it legal not to include some of them on my resume and applications"
*** Though your potential employer may wonder about the 'missing time' in your resume, there is no statutory obligation as to your having to report all of your employment.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is LEGAL to leave them off, in that no law says that you must include every place you work on an application or resume.

However, if any potential employer chooses to take note of the gaps in your resume and eliminate you from consideration because of them, that's legal too.

Some employers would consider those gaps a falsification of your application - a lie by omission, as it were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">