• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

about to flee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lamcee

I live with my boyfriend and our 2 month old child. We broke up. If I move out and take our daughter with me, what kind of visitation agreement am I obligated to allow until a custody order is drawn? Can he get the police to remove the child from the babysitters while I'm at work?

LegalBeagle

You do not have to allow any visitation unless court ordered. He can not involve the police unless there is a court order in place and then most of the time they will not get involved anyway. However, if he turns up at the baby sitter and takes the child then you also will have problems getting the child via the police.

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">