• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what counts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lamcee

To win physical custody after my boyfriend financially supported me and our child for the past 6mos (I was on bedrest), will any of these arguments help me in court:
- I've been the primary caregiver while he's been at work (he only works 3 days a week, but he works a lot of overtime and takes classes)
- Since we broke up he has done malicious things such as refuse to give me the child's birth certificate (the police made him hand it to me) and attempt to cancel my WIC
- In addition to formula I pump 1-2 bottles of breastmilk a day
-He yells and screams at me, speaks vulgarly, and has violently blocked doorways when we argue (I have witness)
-His mother has tried to attack me in my home
-He sexually abused his sister as a child, but has gone to counseling as a child and has a legal document saying it wasn't his fault, he was forced by a sibling. I'm concerned symptoms may develop with our daughter.
- He is careless. Three years ago he was caught driving without a license and fell asleep behind the wheel

Can these things hurt me:
-I'm not working yet after being on bedrest
-When I do work FT, I'll make up to $10,000 more than him- can he sue me for child support.
-Because I'm about to leave our apartment, I'll be living with my mother
-I'll be only working PT until I find FT

Please help, I don't want to lose my child!

LegalBeagle

You have a good case to retain custody of the child.. document everything and record as many of the threats as you can...

Also, pack your bags and get out !! Why are you still there ?

------------------
Psst... I do not work for Macdonald’s or Burger King, and even if I did, I would not tell you. For sloppy bread, tired tomatoes, frozen onions, watered down mayonnaise and imitation meat, please find a drive through window with a person who openly admits they make that stuff.

My advice above is equal to the advice they would give if you asked that person a legal question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">